[Logo] My Forum - your board description
  [Search] Suche   [Recent Topics] Neueste Themen   [Hottest Topics] Heisse Themen   [Top Downloads] Angesagteste Downloads   [Groups] Zurück zur Startseite 
[Register] Registrieren /  [Login] Anmelden 

Problem mit RChess 2.0 auf Mac / Problems with RChess 2.0 on Mac RSS feed
Übersicht » Fehler / Bugs
Autor Beitrag
Admin

Beigetreten: 02.05.2021
Es gibt ein Problem mit dem Look and Feel auf dem Mac:
There is a problem on Mac:

Exception in thread "main" groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Could not find matching constructor for: com.apple.laf.AquaLookAndFeel()
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeConstructor(MetaClassImpl.java:1834)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeConstructor(MetaClassImpl.java:1604)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeConstructorOf(InvokerHelper.java:1060)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.newInstance(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:17679)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.dgm$522.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.StaticMetaMethodSite$StaticMetaMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(StaticMetaMethodSite.java:149)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.StaticMetaMethodSite.call(StaticMetaMethodSite.java:89)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:47)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:125)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:130)

Da ich einen Test gefunden habe sollte es bald gelöst sein.
I have a tester now and hope to solve it soon.
anordinarychessplayer

Beigetreten: 03.05.2021
Double-clicking the .jar got me nowhere. "Failed to start." Note that apple doesn't use the JAVA_HOME environment variable, but has a java_home executable instead. I used the command line and my error was a little different from above.

% /usr/libexec/java_home -v ll
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-15.0.1.jdk/Contents/Home
% which java
/usr/bin/java
% /usr/bin/java --version
java 15.0.1 2020-10-20
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 15.0.1+9-1 smilie
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 15.0.1+9-18, mixed mode, sharing)
% echo $JAVA_HOME

% pwd
/Users/xxxxxxxxxx/RChess
% /usr/bin/java -Xmx2000m -jar ./rchess.jar
##### Heap utilization at start #####
Used Memory: 1
Free Memory: 12
Total Memory: 14
Max Memory: 2000
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v9.Java9 (file:/Users/xxxxxxxxxx/RChess/rchess_lib/groovy-3.0.6-indy.jar) to constructor com.apple.laf.AquaLookAndFeel()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v9.Java9
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Setup Hash: 1

And RChess starts okay, I will have to do some extensive testing to see if anything is not working.
N.B. I used the Version 2.00 Linux, Mac link http://www.rchess.de/rchess/download?version=163
But the reported version is different:
File ! About RChess -.> Version: 1.05
OK

Good work to start!

HOWEVER, if the terminal pwd is NOT the RChess directory, e.g.

% pwd
/Users/xxxxxxxxxx
% /usr/bin/java -Xmx2000m -jar ~/RChess/rchess.jar

then I get MANY more errors. The one that is under your control is:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: pieces/Standard/King-W.svg (No such file or directory)

I can start a new game, and move the pieces, but I am playing blindfold chess, the pieces don't appear on the chessboard, there is no wood background in the frame, etc. So I think you need to adjust your code to figure out where rchess.jar lives and then use that directory internally. Either that or provide an RCHESS_DIR environment variable I can set on the command line. It needs to be
$RCHESS_DIR/pieces/Standard/King-W.svg

--
Alan
Admin

Hello,

thank you for testing. In the other entry the user has a problem with the libs on MAC:
I understand your point and will have a look for it.
As long can you call rchess by creating a shell script which first changes directory to the RChess installation and then calls it?

By the way with 2000m of memory and an actual database of 8.000.000 games you will run into trouble.
anordinarychessplayer

Beigetreten: 03.05.2021
Admin wrote:Hello,
thank you for testing. In the other entry the user has a problem with the libs on MAC:

Yes, their errors are runtime errors, I compared the long errors I got when my pwd was incorrect, they were not the same. So I don't have any input on what is happening to them.

Admin wrote:
I understand your point and will have a look for it.

Yes I knew you would. ... You did not mention the version 1.05 which I am seeing?

Admin wrote:
As long can you call rchess by creating a shell script which first changes directory to the RChess installation and then calls it?

Of course, shell script -.> applescript -.> application, this is done.

Admin wrote:
By the way with 2000m of memory and an actual database of 8.000.000 games you will run into trouble.

Well I don't know what is the appropriate number. I simply copied the option I saw in RChess_Eng.pdf.

The scripts define the amount of memory available for RChess in the line
set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx2000m
This value should be adapted to the capabilities of the hosting hardware.

Perhaps it could use a little further explanation there.

--
Alan
Admin

The Mmx option tells Java how much memory usage is allowed. When you work with 8.000.000 games it should be at least 3 Gbyte, so 3000m. Rchess keeps for performance reasons the whole database in memory plus data for working.
Today new computers have more than 4GB main memory, so shpould not be a problem.
There is a 100 page handbook in the distribution. It is definitely worth reading!

Übersicht » Fehler / Bugs
Gehe zu:   
Mobile Ansicht